Laser treatment is a modern and advanced method of treatment for various ENT conditions. Over many years our Consultants have helped pioneer the UK’s use of laser treatment and other innovations in treating the body’s most delicate ENT features.
London ENT Unit utilises the latest laser technology to ensure minimal complications, the fastest possible recovery time and the highest standard of care for patients. The laser treatment allows for the majority of our private patients to be treated as day-cases, ensuring patients get get back to normal activity as soon as possible.
In recent years lasers have become very useful in medicine as laser light can accurately focus and pulse into tiny spots that treat tissue in one of the most delicate parts of the body – the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT).
London ENT Unit offers numerous pioneering laser techniques such as:
- Intracapsular laser vapourisation tonsillectomy
- Laser turbinoplasty
- Photodynamic therapy for cancer
- Laser mole removal
- Water jet dissection
- ImmunoCAP biochip allergy testing
Benefits Of Using Laser Treatment
- Studies undertaken by one of our ENT Consultants, Mr Mike Dilkes ( in particular, a single blind, matched, controlled study) and patient feedback have confirmed to usthat the intracapsular Carbon Dioxide laser tonsillectomy using a flash scanner – in conjunction with an operating microscope and micromanipulator – is much less painful during the entire postoperative course compared totraditional tonsillectomy.
Faster Recovery Times
- Using laser treatment for a Tonsillotomy is known as a “lunchtime procedure”. You go to work in the morning, come in at lunchtime for theprocedure, which takes 15 – 20 minutes, spend 30 minutes in recovery, having pulse and blood pressure checks, something to eat and drink, then go straight back to work. No time off is required during the next few days as thetonsil surface heals. Painkillers are not prescribed by the Hospital. Simple over-the-counter medication such asparacetamol or ibuprofen are all that is required. The procedure itself if performed sitting upright in a dental-type chair. The local anaesthetic spray wears off 10 minutes or so after the procedure has been completed.
Stitchless & Scarless Removal Of Moles
- The use of flash scanned Carbon Dioxide laser technology allows a stitchless and scarless removal of moles – very important on the face. In treating moles, Mr. Mike Dilkes provides the most current, optimal testing and treatments for mole removal, based on medical research and consultations with leading experts in the USA and Germany.